Take-Down is Southtown K9’s version of Fetch It and Air Retrieve. The game is to remove the hanging bumper by either the dog grabbing it or just knocking it off. The bumper is hung 2′ above the dock, 4′ above the water and starts at 10′ from the dock. The bumper is moved out in 1′ increments after all competitors have had their chance at the current distance. You get 2 chances at each distance until you have 2 consecutive misses, then you are out of the game.
- Dog must be at least 6 months old to participate in competition.
- Check-in time is no later than 30 minutes prior to start time.
- Mandatory handlers meeting 15 minutes prior to start time.
- Two (2) handlers are allowed on the dock.
- You may use the entire forty (40) foot dock.
- Ninety (90) seconds per jump.
- You get 2 chances at each distance until you have two misses at one distance.
- Bumper is suspended two (2) feet above the dock and starts ten (10) feet out from the dock.
- New competitors come in after already competing dogs at each distance.
- Wait for the current handler to have their dog leashed and down the exit stairs before going up the entrance stairs.
- *Ribbons for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd will be awarded for each division.
- Ties – In the event of a tie, 1) the furthest first miss wins, 2) lowest starting distance wins, 3) in the event dogs start and go out at the same distance with no earlier misses, we will have a jump off starting at six (6) inches back from the missed distance.
- Toys – bumper is supplied by Southtown K9.
Also see Facility Rules.
*Southtown K9 dogs will be playing, but will be excluded from any 1st, 2nd, or 3rd placements. The Southtown K9 dogs are: Jackson, Gunner, Tucker, Ashton, Lindy Lou, and Xena.