Open dock is a stress-free time period during the day where people can bring their dog(s) out and use the dock and pool for practice. People take turns on the dock and (depending on skill level) jump into the pool a couple times or use the ramp to enter/exit the pool, get back in line, and repeat the process.
- To make it fair for everyone, this is NOT the time to teach your dog dock jumping. Dogs need to already know how to swim and retrieve a toy from the pool.
- Only one dog is allowed on the dock at any one time (unless approved and supervised by Southtown K9 staff).
- Distance practice only during Open Dock. No use of rigs (Air Retrieve or Vertical). Please book a pool rental appointment for rig use.
- 3 minutes on the dock each turn.
- Dogs need to be kept at least eight (8) feet apart from each other while on the property.
- See Facility Rules.
When is Open Dock?
Usually Sundays (non-competition days) from 11:00am – 3:00pm. We will announce on Facebook if we will be having/not having open dock.
Open Dock Pricing
|Open Dock Pricing||Price|
|Open Dock Pricing: 1st Dog||$20|
|Open Dock Pricing: Each Additional Dog (Same Family)||$10|
Forms of acceptable payment:
- Credit card
Things to bring:
- Your dogs favorite floating toy (non-food)
- Water/Water bowl – for you and your pup
- Kennel – if needed or if you have more than one dog
- Dry clothes (you may get wet)
- Your dog & leash
- Recommended not to feed your dog at least two hours prior to swimming/events.