Open dock is a stress-free time during the day where people can bring their dog(s) out and use the dock and pool for practice. People take turns on the dock and (depending on skill level) jump a couple times or use the ramp to enter/exit the pool, get back in line, and repeat the process.
- To make it fair for everyone, this is NOT the time to teach your dog dock jumping. Dogs need to already know how to swim and retrieve a toy from the pool.
- Only one dog is allowed on the dock at any one time (unless approved and supervised by Southtown K9 staff).
- Distance practice only during Open Dock. No use of rigs (Air Retrieve or Vertical). Please book a pool rental appointment for rig use.
- 3 minutes on the dock each turn.
- Dogs need to be kept at least eight (8) feet apart from each other while on the property.
- See Facility Rules.
When is Open Dock?
Usually weekends (non-competition) from 11:00am – 2:00pm. We will announce on Facebook if we will be having open dock.
Open Dock Pricing
Forms of acceptable payment:
- Credit card
Things to know:
- Potty your dog before entering the dock
- Please pick up after your dog
- NO FOOD/TREATS on the dock
- NO flexi-leads or retractable leashes
Things to bring:
- Your dogs favorite floating toy (non-food)
- Water/Water bowl – for you and your pup
- Kennel – if needed or if you have more than one dog
- Dry clothes (you may get wet)
- Your dog & leash
- Recommended not to feed your dog at least three hours prior to swimming/events.