Catch-22 is a brand new game here at Southtown K9 that incorporates “catching” a toy. It’s played within the distance splashes where for each “catch” of the toy during your normal splash, you earn 10 points. Points are awarded during each event, as well as accumulated throughout the year for an “end of the season” award for the top 3 teams.
At the end of each event, the three teams with the highest points go into the bonus round (before distance finals) where you get 2 jumps worth 10 points for each catch. The bonus round will determine 1st, 2nd, and 3rd placements for that event. Your team must be in the bonus round to receive a placement.
For example, you are entered in 3 splashes (6 total jumps). Your dog catches the toy 3 times out of the 3 splashes (6 total jumps). Your team so far earned 30 points during that weekend’s event. If you are one of the 3 highest scores for that event, you move on to the bonus round. Your dog then catches the toy for both jumps in the bonus round, so now you have a total of 50 points.
This is a new game, and there might be some kinks to iron out as we go. Please keep an eye on this page throughout the season as we will update it accordingly.
- Cost is $5 extra per distance splash.
- It is played within the Distance game.
- Same basic rules as the Distance game.
- Dog must catch the toy in the air to receive 10 points. If all 6 splashes are played you can earn up to 120 points for that event (not including the bonus round).
- Minimum of 3 splashes to participate.
- Points will be totaled throughout the weekend.
- *There will be a bonus round on Sunday for the top 3 dogs for placement, earn extra points and decide who will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
- Ribbons for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd.
- In the event of a tie: One jump for the tie breaker.
- Scores will be totaled throughout the summer with a special award at the end of the season.
Also see Facility Rules.
*Southtown K9 dogs will be playing to accumulate scores, but will be excluded from any 1st, 2nd, or 3rd placements (including end of the season awards). In the event any of these dogs are in the bonus rounds, they will still play, but we will include a total of 3 non-Southtown K9 dogs. The Southtown K9 dogs are: Jackson, Gunner, Tucker, Ashton, Lindy Lou, and Xena.